The last day of school was a week ago. I'm enjoying the time off more than ever this year. No class will ever be quite like this one...at least, I certainly hope not. Nevertheless, I can look back on this group fondly now and laugh (and maybe cry) at some of the things that happened along our sometimes bumpy ride to the finish this year. They came a long way from where they were at the beginning of the year. They helped to make me a better teacher and I have a bigger "bag of tricks" now (as well as a few gray hairs and some frown lines on my face from giving "the look")
A few interesting moments along the way:
Several students standing on chairs with chair pouches on their heads (nightmare first day of school).
"My mom is going to fight you" and "Stupid teacher" -Said to me by one of my girls the first month.
"This is by far the worst class I have ever subbed for." The end of a note from a substitute at the beginning of the year.
"Please stop licking that bar." A student had their mouth around the bar across the front of our easel.
Fire in a toilet in the boys' bathroom
"I guess I will have to get out my "fingerprint kit" and look at the "video" after school. However, if the person who did it is honest and admits to it before the end of the day, the consequence will be decreased." For times when things were stolen from me and classmates...worked every time.
No comments:
Post a Comment