Bashful Cindy is too humble to brag about her first endurance event, so I'm doing this post in secret. She and her friend DeeDee signed up for an all-women's triathlon in the spring with the idea that it would force them to train hard all summer in preparation...kinda like the Doug Lunderville Marathon training program. So the summer went by quickly but they got themselves in shape, nonetheless, with minimal nagging and scare tacktics from me. I thought about shaving my armpits and entering the race, but sadly I would probably have gotten my butt kicked in spite of a supposed gender advantage.

Here is Cindy (the smiley one on the left) emerging from the water after a 500 yard swim. I have no idea why she was smiling so much. Maybe it was gas.

Cindy again at the end of the 16 mile bike ride. Again with the smiling! What's up with that? SHe clearly was not working hard enough. Is that a beautiful celeste blue bianchi?

Still smiling after a 5k run. She finished 34th in her age group. It scares me to think what she could do with a little more training and a serious race-face.

Here is Cindy and her good friend DeeDee after they crossed the finish line. Nice work, ladies.
1 comment:
Congratulations Cindy!
Post a Comment